About Me

My photo
I am, by nature, a curious Christian. My love of God, and all of his creations, has led me to ask questions and expect answers. The design of this blog is intended to be a forum for Christians who love the Lord and wish to live life to the fullest. God Bless

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Be A Prayer Warrior; Not a Worrywart

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."(Philippians 4:6 KJV)
Inspirational Bible Scriptures: Philippians 4:6-8, John 14:27
     I'll be the first to admit it; I am the world's biggest worrywart. Webster's Dictionary defines worrywart as, "someone who is inclined to worry unduly(excessively)." I worry about the well-being of; myself, family members, friends, and sometimes complete strangers. Are my daughters doing well in the world? Did I teach them all they need to know to be moral and compassionate women? Am I a good friend to my friends? Did I demonstrate love and patience to my fellowman? My worries range from  plausible situations to impossible,"what if..." scenarios. "What if I'm choosing the wrong major for my master's degree?" Or, "What if December 21, 2012 is really the last day of the world?"
     One day I realized throughout all of the worrying I have forgotten one important fact; I AM A CHILD OF GOD. As a child of God I should have peace of mind, not troublesome, "What if.." thoughts. My spirit should be filled with unencumbered thoughts of God's goodness and grace. Now I live my life as a Prayer Warrior. A Prayer Warrior takes an assertive stance against negative thoughts and feelings through prayer. As Philippians 4:8 offers, "Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8 KJV).
    When you feel a worry attack in progress; use the word of God. By doing so, you will assume the role of the powerful Prayer Warrior.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment