About Me

My photo
I am, by nature, a curious Christian. My love of God, and all of his creations, has led me to ask questions and expect answers. The design of this blog is intended to be a forum for Christians who love the Lord and wish to live life to the fullest. God Bless

Sunday, February 12, 2012

"The Voice" Silenced-Whitney Houston Dead at 48



 “Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.” - John 16:22


     Whitney Houston, "The Voice", passed away Saturday February 11, 2012  in a Beverly Hills Hotel despite efforts to be revived by emergency services. The Voice that soothed aching souls in the 80's and 90's with her amazing love songs;"All the Man I Need", "The Greatest Love of All", and of course her timeless rendition, "I Will Always Love You," has left this earth. There has been, nor I fear will there ever be, a talent so captivating as to enrapture us all with a single note.

     Throughout the late 90's and early 2000's, Ms. Houston was plagued with admitted drug abuse issues. Her infamous Diane Sawyer 20/20 interview, with her then husband Bobby Brown, showed a less than graceful diva entangled with drugs and excess. Yet we all pulled for her recovery, and return to star status with hope and compassion.

     Last night I thought I would find verses to help fans deal with the loss of such and icon. No matter the circumstances of her death, she was a child of God. We should not wallow in the emptiness of what may have become of her under different circumstances. Rather, we should continue to enjoy the voice and unmistakable talent she donated to the world every time she opened her mouth to sing.


1.)I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God. - Psalm 38:8-9,15
2.)So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed. I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
3.)Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. - Psalm 143:4, 6-8
4.)The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18
5.)Jesus said, “Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.” - John 16:22

6.)I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. - Jeremiah 31:13






     My prayers and condolences are extended to; her family, friends, and of course, the millions of fans around the world. God Bless

     

No comments:

Post a Comment